Friday, September 9, 2016

Ann Arbor District Library: Westgate branch


I love libraries!  For many years, I have been driving to the Pittsfield or Traverwood branch of the Ann Arbor District library, because I was drawn to the wonderful architecture and ambiance of those branches.

Now that the new Westgate branch is open, I decided to stop in and check it out.



Tucked behind this non-assuming store front, is a new, spacious and inviting space.

And as a bonus, this branch also has a brand new Sweetwaters Cafe!


 Inviting glassed-in meeting rooms 
Sweetwater Cafe
 

 Great lighting design, even in spaces without daylight.











My favorite space is always the reading room.  This winter, I can see myself tucked into one of these chairs in front of the fireplace, enjoying a good book and a cup of ginger lemon tea.  (Or maybe I'll blog more often!)


















All branch hours are
Monday: 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Tuesday-Friday: 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Saturday: 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Sunday: 12 p.m. to 6 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment